Monday, July 30, 2007

Its (almost) showtime!

Today we moved to our performance facility, the theater on the Teikyo Loretto Heights college campus. This, the final week of staging, is when it gets real... Three more days and its showtime for Cast B.

As the students' days are packed with vocal rehearsals, learning the last bits of choreography, and doing many many show runthroughs, Scott, Hector and I (Cast B's fabulous education team) are preparing for our Thursday morning workshop on how to lead the Up with People school project program, "Stand for Peace." Our community impact program in Tucson will be our first "Stand for Peace" for middle school students, and as its not the most forgiving age to work with, we want our Up with People students to feel well-prepared and rarin' to go when they head into 7th & 8th grade classrooms.

Between that training prep, connecting with the advance teams in our upcoming cities, and occasionally hopping into show rehearsals, its a wonder I have any time at all left for my last little project. I was recruited to hem all the edges and add velcro to attach our new riser skirting for the 10 set platforms. Each riser skirt is either 12 feet or 18 feet long, and there is no way I'd be anywhere near done without the generous help of Chris and Tricia Enebo, the master seamstresses otherwise known as my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. They are the only reason I'll get any sleep this week at all. Tomorrow I'm headed to Denver Fabrics to pick up 50 yards of velcro. Good times.

No comments: