Saturday, October 6, 2007

US tour wrap-up

I promised an update on how the US closure worked out... I was so pleased! We had all this end-of-roll clean newsprint, and I painted each city name and all of the "facts" of the city, like the service sites, show facilities, workshops, speakers, etc., up under each city. They covered the walls all the way around the room. But the paper was mostly blank, and so we took about an hour to personalize the mural-- people wrote up memories, quotes, drew pictures... we played music, and I think everyone really enjoyed walking around, reading and laughing about all the funny moments we've had together already this tour.
Plus these murals are going to be fabulous for our end of semester! It was a great success, and I got some really positive feedback from students. Its a keeper.

No comments: